"Male/31-35.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, San Jose, English, Hindi, Male, 31-35, Watching movies, Reading, Writing.

Google
  Web ashishniti.blogspot.com   
Main
New Blog

Ashish's Niti

Niti in Sanskrit means policy/strategy/vision. This blog hosts my political views, along with news and commentary. This blog has moved here.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Arundhati Roy does it again

Via Madhoo, Left-wing Facism Watch points to Arundhati Roy's defense of terrorism:

Personally I’m not prepared to pick up arms now. But maybe I can afford not to, at whatever place I am in now. I think violence really marginalizes and brutalizes women. It depoliticizes things. It’s undemocratic in so many ways. But at the same time, when you look at the massive amount of violence that America is perpetrating in Iraq, I don’t know that I’m in a position to tell Iraqis that you must fight a pristine, feminist, democratic, secular, non-violent war. I can’t say. I just feel that that resistance in Iraq is our battle too and we have to support it. And we can’t be looking for pristine struggles in which to invest our purity.

But again, she has done it before:

"Now, as adults and rulers, the Taliban beat, stone, rape
and brutalize women, they don't seem to know what else to do with
them."

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.